Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Son's Natural Journey - March 13, 2010

A son's natural journey will be my son's natural journey.

My son wears his hair in twist. My regimen for him is 2 weeks at a time.

Every 2 weeks. I rinse his hair with the twist in it. I apply ample V05 conditioner to his hair. I make sure it is around the whole of the head and start to comb with a rake. The rake slides through nicely. After I comb through completely we rinse.

I wash with Paul Mitchel Green Tea Shampoo.
We then wash with Herbal Essense Hello Hydration only once each shampoo. Then we apply a deep conditioner moisturizing mostly. Last week we used Yes To Carrots, This week I will use up and complete Neutrogena Triple Moisture. I put him under the steamer for 30 minutes, we rinse and start our twist.

It takes about 2-3 hours for me to complete the procedure, he gets under the dryer to dry for 45 minutes to 1 hour. I want it completely dry so that it won't get messed up and it will stay. I spray no holding spray on it. I just have him put on his duwrag. I am going to purchase him a satin cap so that I can see if it will stay longer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment