Sunday, April 24, 2011

Henna & Indigo Again Again Again - April 24, 2011















April 24, 2011

I henna'd yesterday about 12:30 p.m. I Steamed it for 45 minutes and left it on overnight and washed it out this morning. I didn't clarify my hair like normal before applying henna.

Today I washed out the Henna and used Indigo on towel Dried Hair. I steamed my Indigo in for about 45 minutes as well and then left it on for about 2 hours.

The think I did different this time was rinse for about 30 minutes after my henna and 30 minutes after my indigo. I applied several conditioners as well as Washing with HSH Chocolate Soy Milk Shampoo, and with WEN. I DC'd with a splash of Vatika for about 45 minutes under the steamer. I rinsed that out well and brushed through with my Tangle Teezer after using my Rake Comb this time.

I lost a little more hair than normal butttttttt.... I also just got a fresh relaxer. So it is expected.
One of my wonderful kids closed my vents on my Steamer and I didn't know so it was scolding my scalp. Felt like someone scrambled eggs on it. LOL (not really LOL, it hurts)

My hair still felt like it was tugging even though I washed twenty times and rinsed for so long. Not as bad as usual though. I got less residue on my Tangle teezer. I usually get a black waxy build :/

THENNNNNNNNN:::::::

My dear Husband helped me to rollerset. I was getting utterly frustrated parting the first two rollers was the easy part. Then came the 3rd and 4th. I had about 7 rollers in and I wasn't pleased past the first two. SOoooooo I had these large 2.5 rollers and the Hair wouldn't be nice. Once my husband came in and started to help me it was smooth sailing. I got under my dryer for about 45 minutes then went outside in the nice sun for about 2 hours. Came back in and removed them. :) To my suprise I had a wonderful bouncy Rollerset. I wrapped it up and put two pumps of Buriti Oil and and put my satin cap on and my Nostrom Head Wrap. I took it off my wrap is tighter than a virgin out the womb LOL.

I love it and most of all I am so glad I can come together with my husband to do something I love and he loves to see me in.

:)

My Henna and Indigo Came out well :)

6 comments:

  1. Would love to see the pictures. I am sure it came out supe welllllllll. Your hair is awesome. Added your blog to my list. Thanx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will post Pics soon :). Thanks so much for the compliment and thanks so much for subbing to my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see pics too! Glad it came out well. I'm nervous about hennaing...
    xo,
    Dani
    www.okdani.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey girl, I didn't realize you had a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Dani, the pictures are up already LOL. @EbonyCPrincess Yes I am new to it LOL. @ J thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete